“The **** walk

One of the most degrading things a woman can do.”

By honslknjklyt Posted: February 11, 2013

4 comments

4 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • Raccoon  |  February 11 2013, 5:39PM

What are the others. Do let us know. Would they include campaigning for female education? Looking like a witch, perhaps? Women get attacked, irrespective of how they dress. It is easy to claim that the way that a woman dresses is to blame for the way that she is treated, even though elerly or ugly women in demure dress also get hassled and attacked. Some societies go much further, banning women from leaving the home alone or using public transport. Some men in India even blamed the victim of the gang rape and murder for not having been careful enough!

• honslknjklyt  |  February 11 2013, 6:19PM

Other degrading things a woman can do? Going up to a stranger and informing him that "you can buy me a drink if you want" in the hope that he and his friends will buy her and her friends the drinks all night for a free night out and then wonder where blokes get the idea from! Dodging the sick on the floor of a night time with bare feet after wearing stupid shoe they can't walk in. Battering their husbands (yes, women do this you know) Lie about rape at the expense of genuine rape victims Lie in the gutter showing their bits and pieces Getting so drunk they will accept a free lift from any tom, dick or harriet And so on. Women can indeed, just like men be very very degrading to their sex. Women should be womanly and men should be gentlemanly. I am equally against men rolling in sick as well. People get mugged regardless of what they are seen to be carrying. Old people have been mugged for their fish and chip supper but some have been mugged as they flash their bling. Some people get their cars stolen regardless of what type it is but its easier if our windows are wide open while we are off shopping - who would leave an ipad on the dashboard of their car with the window open while shopping? They should be able to, it does not entitle a thief to take it but it is a bit stupid isn't it.

• cheltenham20  |  February 12 2013, 10:41AM

1st Get a brain 2 learn to drive 3 do the shopping 4 do the cooking.. 5 stop yapping 6 get my meal on the table. A stop hitting me Trish, ill do the washing up straight away... i did'nt mean it, i was only joking.. it won't happen again... Do you want some money to buy yourself a nice outfit...

• Raccoon  |  February 12 2013, 5:16PM

Hons, other than wearing stupid shoes that they can't walk in, all of the degrading things that you list could apply just as well to a man. As it happens, I've never seen a woman lying in the gutter showing their bits and pieces, but I have witnessed a man doing so. There is a man who jogs in Gloucester Park late at night (11.30pm) often without footwear even in the cold weather; is this degrading or just weird?

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!