Login Register
 °

Discussion

“I hate seeing scenes in war films where the chefs get killed or attacked. I'm thinking of Saving Private Ryan and Zulu Dawn in particular. Can anyone think of any others?”

By Hubert1841 Posted: December 15, 2012

7 comments

7 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • Matt1006  |  December 19 2012, 10:49AM

Don't watch war films, then. Nobody is forcing you to.

• Hubert1841  |  December 19 2012, 1:59PM

You miss understand me, Sir. I love a good war film, but I used to be a chef years ago, so it's a hide behind the sofa moment for me.

• Hubert1841  |  December 19 2012, 1:59PM

*misunderstand.

• Lecorche  |  December 19 2012, 3:51PM

There were the "Alien" movies where everyone was killed. They had me behind the settee a few times. :-)

• Hubert1841  |  December 19 2012, 4:40PM

I like the one where Bill Paxton has a breakdown, and probably needed a slap from Sigourney to sort him out. I mean, the man is supposed to be a Space Marine, for God's sake. That little girl they find handles the whole situation better than Bill. He was fairly wussy in the Hatfields and McCoys recently, too. Get beaten by Costner? Pah! The man's a fraud ;)

• Bonkim2003  |  December 28 2012, 8:53AM

If I were you, will only watch 'Under siege' where the Chef is the saviour and all the terrorists get rubbed off one by one. I bet Army chefs go through the same basic training as regular soldiers and can look after themselves.

• Hubert1841  |  December 28 2012, 1:49PM

Under Siege is an excellent choice, sir. A de rigueur poster boy for chefs everywhere to emulate. He dealt easily with Crazy Gary Busey, no error.

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!