Login Register
 °

Discussion

“IS IT TIME TO IMPEACH DAVID CAMERON?

How is it possible that an unelected prime minister can get away with so many blatant lies and still be in office?
We've just heard that we have the cheapest petrol in Europe.No mention of the taxes added on that make it the most expensive petrol in Europe.
On the 14th. of last month we were told there'd be none of our troops sent into Mali.On the 1st. of Feb he tells us over 300 troops are standing by to go there.
We're constantly being told that there's no money for little things.Like Policemen. Yet there's £160 billion available for upgrading nukes and other peacekeeping must-haves.
He says We're all in it together yet his welfare cuts are about to hammer the poorest households. Some will have to find an extra £600.
Recently he claimed we were paying down the debts. Under his time in office they've risen from £811billion to £1111billion.
As for his footwork as he danced around the EU Referendum that we were not going to get;he makes Fred Astaire look like Long John Silver.
How can we get rid of this inveterate Liar?
Is there a process that money can't buy off that will put David Cameron out of office?”

By Lecorche Posted: February 01, 2013

10 comments

10 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • honslknjklyt  |  February 02 2013, 12:20AM

David Cameron is a disgrace as are the majority of his MPs inclusive of this one in Gloucester. This unelected coalition should never have been given power. There should have been a re-election, I was hoping this at the time. This coalition are allowing this country to turn on itself. People on benefits think this government is targeting them, businesses think it is targeting them, the elderly think it is targeting them, the police think it is targeting them. They are raising taxes and looking for anywhere they can, adding it to places there wasn't before. My friend runs a small business. He is doing more work, a lot more work but he is also a lot worse off. He is too small to be VAT registered and has a small lock up. These are now VATable and so this amounts to over £300 in VAT alone, where there was none previously. Of course anyone with a lock up (self storage) is now having to pay 20% VAT. They were meant to be getting rid of regulations and the burden but it has got much worse. They are like some silly schoolkids running a school magazine, none of them knowing what they are doing but insisting on making change just because they can - new broom must sweep clean. Can't wait for a re-election. Of course the first thing they did was make sure they were in for 5 years instead of 4.

• Lecorche  |  February 02 2013, 10:02AM

Thanks for the comment,H. Today there's more instances of Dodgy Dave's lack of veracity in anything he does. It seems the Tabloids are having a pop at him and for very good reasons. Here's one example: In October last year,Jeremy Hunt,the Health Secretary,said that real-terms spending on the NHS has increased across the country. At the same time the Conservative Party stated "We have increased the NHS budget in real terms in each of the last two years". However,shortly after the Statistics Authority stated that expenditure on the NHS in real terms was lower in 2011-12 than it was in 2009-10. Given that the Conservative Party Leader is an abject liar who has taken his unworthy skills to new and incredible levels,who would you believe?

• ShireMe  |  February 05 2013, 1:33PM

I feel that this topic has a distinctly anti-blue bias. I for one trust noone of any party in Castle Westminster. Their priorities to this country only extend to the lies they sell the people of this nation in order to get elected, then as soon as they are they try to get themselves seen as "International Politicians" by riding roughshod over the citizens of this nation with their grand plans e.g. "War on Terror", or by introducing legislation that promotes social inequality to financially benefit their friends in industry so they can take a cushy seat on a board or company directorship. The truth is that no matter which colour scheme they represent, the majority of politicans that run this country have no understanding of its public as they have lived different lives... easier lives. Next general election i will be not voting as I have NO confidence that whoever I vote for will change the rot inherent in the system.

• Lecorche  |  February 05 2013, 8:15PM

Thank you for the input ShireMe. I'm feeling a strong empathy for the way you think about our politicos. My topic was not against political colour but against lying in office. Still no answer to the last sentence in the post,though. Anyone ?

• nomossystone  |  February 07 2013, 9:20PM

One rather gets the idea that the government listens to any madcap proposal put in front of them that will stress out the very people who elected them. Intelligent thinkers -- they are NOT. The English mans' home is not now his castle, but a basic stopover that may be relinquished at a moments notice - by force, the bullying tactics of this government defy belief, they have given us every reason to ignore the polling stations in 2015. Mr Cameron -- when you stop spouting lies, you may regain a little credibility, how do you sleep at night?

• Lecorche  |  March 09 2013, 12:30PM

Surely enough is enough. Let's have this prolific liar out on his backside and forget his pension. He's now calling his own people wrong for telling him the truth http://tinyurl.com/a9sj9bh

• Ysedra  |  March 10 2013, 2:49PM

We didn't 'impeach' Blair, so why would we do that to Cameron?

• Lecorche  |  March 12 2013, 8:23AM

I'll keep it brief,Ysedra. You're talking about Chalk and Cheese. Blair was forced to resign by his own party,Labour. Can you see Cameron doing this? Blair came in a landslide vote after the Tory disaster known as Black Wednesday. Cameron came in on a minority vote after Gordon Brown's miserable term in office due,in no small measure,to the shenanigans of the Bankers that could not be controlled and who were supported by the Tory block on reforming the Banking System. Blair brought about a sort of peace in Ireland. He introduced the Minimum Wage Working Tax and Child Credits. Cameron will try to get rid of all these. Blair made the poorest people in our country considerably better off and the richest people worse off. In so doing 2 Million people were lifted out of poverty. Cameron will try to reverse this. The few similarities are an inclination to invade foreign lands,a closeness to Rupert Murdoch and a lax attitude to Climate Change. Blair had character and charisma. Cameron is devoid of either.

• Ysedra  |  March 12 2013, 2:08PM

Lecorche, you say that Blair was forced out by his own party (though actually, Blair's promise not to fight another election was forced by the well-founded fear of losing the one he was fighting if he didn't make that promise, so effectively, we *all* forced him out). I see no reason why Cameron won't be canned by his own party, if he loses the next election, but you won't care if he remains leader of the Tories in that event. A 'sort of peace', a minimum wage that forces employees to reduce the number of employees or pay them off the books, and someone's lying about who the rich were better off under, going by the spats at PM's Qs. I don't see a lot of difference between Cameron and Blair, and a lot of leftwingers feel the same, I'm sure. Either way, impeachment is really not on the cards, especially not before May.

• Lecorche  |  April 24 2013, 9:35AM

Here's a skit from 2010. How prophetic was this? http://tinyurl.com/2uq4ya4

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!