Login Register

Discussion

“Anyone see The Planners last night? Another nail in Mrs. Driver's political coffin (I hope).”

By Hubert1841 Posted: February 01, 2013

6 comments

6 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • cushtymann  |  February 01 2013, 12:06PM

planning system is corrupt unless you are in with someone. primeminister needs to jump on this red tape, developers can have anything, just bung the envelope.

• JeremyBadger  |  February 01 2013, 9:55PM

Yes, we saw "The Planners" last night and the decisions made by the planners was correct in all cases! I feel sorry for those very sad people who think they are above the planning laws or think they can ignore them when they please, possibly you are one of them Hubert. As for Cushtyman's comments, I am surprised that TIG allowed these slanderous comments, what proof have you and why don't you present it to the newspapers?

• Hubert1841  |  February 01 2013, 11:12PM

I don't think custhymann is being slanderous. He hasn't said a word. Libel; that's a different kettle of fish. No, I don't think I'm above the planning laws. The only winners last night seemed to be the developers, who had the councils over a barrel. As for Mrs. Driver, I just don't like her Nimby Hyacinth Bucket/Thatcher persona, and the sooner she gets out of politics, the better for all of us in Cheltenham. She is a political and social anachronism. If you peruse any of her regular columms in this august publication, you may well agree.

• cushtymann  |  February 02 2013, 10:18AM

the council were afraid to turn down the planners in case they lost any appeal, and it cost the council thousands. that is not democracy, the planners only have to submit several times and they will win. a fact in planning. if I done that, the council will challenge ,my costs are minimal, and I am unable to employ expensive planning consultants and barristers. this is where planning is UNFAIR

• cushtymann  |  February 02 2013, 10:22AM

my comments are not slanderous, but fact. my actions resulted in a senior planner being fired and taken to crown court for this type of behaviour, only for him to avoid a deal was done if he pleaded guilty. money will turn even the pure.

• cushtymann  |  February 02 2013, 10:27AM

Jeremy badger I bet you live in a nice semi, couch potatoe on weekends but hates anyone if they get off their backside and improves their life. a typical NIMBY. get real become a capitalist

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!