Login Register
 °

Discussion

“Incident 251 of 6th August:
A man fell from a building in Llanthony Road, Gloucester at about 2pm.
Why is there no other information, and why are we not allowed to comment?
Comments added to a story can help to build up a picture of the incident.
How are people supposed to give information to the police if they don't even know which particular building in Llanthony Road is involved in the incident?
Also, how about a brief description of the man?”

By Kay_Powell Posted: August 06, 2012

14 comments

14 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • taylke  |  August 06 2012, 8:14PM

If somebody saw anything they won't need to be told which building is involved. If they don't know then they can't provide useful information can they?

• Lecorche  |  August 07 2012, 10:18AM

There's an article today (Tuesday) in the Citizen about a man falling out of the Car Park in the Quays,Kay. Maybe that's it.

• Kay_Powell  |  August 07 2012, 2:55PM

Lecorche, yes, that's the same incident. they are allowing comments now. Taylke, you don't always know when you have witnessed something significant. The police were probably wanting people to come forward who had seen a man acting oddly before the tragedy.

• spunkymunky17  |  August 07 2012, 4:00PM

Why on earth would you want to comment on this story? It was probably very distressing for all concerned and the person's family without people speculating about how or why this happened. The media cant just go around giving small unconfirmed clues to the general public for them to make up a whole scenario, which, in turn, could ultimately end up wasting police time. you either witnessed the event or you didn't. its not everyday someone topples off a building and it goes unnoticed. How about enquiring as to the person's wellbeing instead? vultures spring to mind........

• spunkymunky17  |  August 07 2012, 4:02PM

Oh and if you have obtained just that small piece of information you have quoted Kay_Powell, how on earth do you know he is now deceased?

• Kay_Powell  |  August 07 2012, 4:27PM

Blimey, I didn't want an argument! I was pointing out that witnesses may not realise that they have seen something significant until much later. The police asked for information, but didn't specify what it was that they were hoping for. For some reason, yesterday's article didn't allow comments (and still doesn't). I know that he is deceased because today's article says so. Over twenty years ago, I witnessed what I took to be an insignificant altercation between two drunks in central Gloucester. Two days later, following a police appeal for witnesses, I realised that I had witnessed a stabbing that could easily have proved fatal. I could give a good description of the attacker because he had been begging from me minutes earlier. I only realised what I had seen because of the description of the incident that was broadcast on Severn Sound. Luckily, the victim made a full recovery. The attacker was brought to justice and pleaded guilty.

• shadow2012  |  August 07 2012, 5:04PM

I have a relative who works at the quays. a few people there witnessed what happened. it was a tragic and distressing experience for them. the man's details have not been released out of respect for his family and proberably because it will be part of an ongoing investigation.i'm sure in time aspect of what happened will become public domain. I know more than what I have included here but they observe these people's privacy for a reason and I respect that.

• Chellian  |  November 07 2012, 4:16PM

That man was my husband, the father of my child. Behind every tragedy there's someone hurting and idle gossip angers...

• Chellian  |  November 07 2012, 4:18PM

And I will not allow it to become part of the public domain!!!!!

• valhalla2010  |  November 07 2012, 4:34PM

Kay-Powell, if you want to give information to the police.... just give it to the police. I doubt they use TiG to assist with any investigations.

• FreeRadical1  |  November 07 2012, 4:49PM

valhalla, the police are always appealing for information using TiG. How long have you been using this website? I've just read ahte article about the tragic death of a cyclist in Cheltenham, and the police were appealing for information.

• Tockers75  |  November 07 2012, 9:52PM

No I totally agree! I believe they have witnesses so now let it be thanks! Let him alone

• Tockers75  |  November 07 2012, 9:59PM

Oh and this bloke was my brother-in-law!! We've all had enough heartbreak from this with out having to read these comments!!!

• gomums  |  November 09 2012, 8:44PM

The public should be allowed to comment to all stories ........... perhaps TIG is frightened of what will be uncovered or disclosed!

View all Comments

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!