Login Register
 °

Discussion

“What is the Fora view on the poor nurse in London? I'm deeply saddened. How will the DJs ever forgive themselves for nothing more than a silly prank that went very wrong?”

By GCtheDJ Posted: December 08, 2012

6 comments

6 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • cheltenham20  |  December 08 2012, 3:27PM

Yes it was a prank that ended tragicly, Just wonder how much stick she got from the hospital authauraties, we will never know,.. still it was only a prank, nobody injured, why the press make such a big thing out of an harmless prank is beyond me,.. The Royals did'nt take much notice, it was the ending that was the tragic part of all this,.. i say again was she pressurised from the powers within... This ending would never have happened if the powers that be, stopped and treated it for what it was...An Harmless Prank..

• GCtheDJ  |  December 11 2012, 6:00PM

Agree totally, so sad. I don't do pranks now, although I used to and have had some great fun with them.

• FreeRadical1  |  December 12 2012, 5:45PM

If anyone's to blame, it's the expensive private hospital that couldn't be bothered to employ anyone to operate the switchboard at night or train its medical staff how to deal with incoming calls. Remember, the DJs were absolutely amazed when they were put straight through to the ward.

• Raccoon  |  December 14 2012, 4:42PM

There's one of those self-righteous letters in today's Citizen, condemning the DJs and other comedians for hurting people's feelings. Actually, this was only a silly hoax, and we don't yet know what drove Jacintha Saldanha to suicide.

• MrGarnet  |  December 16 2012, 11:02PM

More to this than meets the eye. And what has the odious Vaz doing poking his nose in. Stinks to me.

• Matt1006  |  December 19 2012, 10:55AM

I read somewhere that in one of her suicide notes, she made direct reference to the prank call, and (at least partly) blamed the DJ's for her subsequent actions. I suspect there was more behind her tragic death than just the prank call, but it seems it might have been the catalyst to tip her over the edge. Given that she's apparently referred to the call in a suicide note, the DJ's are to blame to a degree. Yes they could have never known (nor their bosses who agreed to broadcast it) that the call would contribute to a woman taking her own life, but it's done now, and the DJ's (and those who signed off the prank) have to live with it for the rest of their lives. Very tragic, all seemingly (to a degree) from a childish prank. Perhaps all broadcasters will think twice before doing anything remotely similar in future...???

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!