Login Register
 °

A bearded dragon is recovering from smoke inhalation following a Gloucester house fire

By CitizenNews  |  Posted: August 21, 2014

A bearded dragon - and a puppy - were rescued from a house in Hucclecote today

A bearded dragon - and a puppy - were rescued from a house in Hucclecote today

Comments (0)

A BEARDED dragon suffered from smoke inhalation during a blaze at a house near Gloucester.

Quick-thinking crews helped the lizard to recovery while colleagues tackled the flames shortly after 2.45pm.

A puppy also had a lucky escape from the property at Colwell Avenue, in Hucclecote, after fire broke out in the kitchen.

A spokesman for Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The puppy was rescued and the bearded dragon suffered from smoke inhalation.

“Once on scene, they discovered a small fire in the house which they dealt with using one hose reel and four breathing apparatus.”

A total of ten firefighters from Cheltenham east and west stations spent around an hour at the property.

Read more from Gloucester Citizen

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES