Login Register

Woman's curtains and TV catch fire

By citizenmike  |  Posted: November 02, 2012

Comments (0)

A Tuffley woman's curtains and television caught fire on Wednesday night.

Firefighters were called out to the Whaddon Way fire at 6.05pm.

Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service received a call from the occupier of a house in who said her curtains were on fire.

One appliance from Gloucerster South Fire station and one appliance from Gloucester North Fire station attended the incident with 11 firefighters and Crew Commander Adam Openshaw was in charge.

On arrival the crews found the curtains and television to be well alight and used one hose reel and two breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire. .

The appliances were detained a total of 45 minutes.

The fire service offers free home fire safety checks and fits smoke alarms free of charge.

If you know someone who may benefit from this service, call free phone 0800 180 4140. Remember to get the permission of the nominee if you are nominating someone else for a home fire safety check.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR