Got the remains of a huge turkey staring back at you? Here are our top 10 ways to use leftover turkey.
1) Turkey Burgers: chop up left-over turkey and mix it with a chopped onion and breadcrumbs. Stir in an egg and shape it into burger patties. Fry the patties gently over a low heat.
2) Turkey Thai Curry: fry a dessertspoon of Thai curry paste in a little oil, add a sliced onion, cook for a few minutes then add your turkey meat. Pour in a tin of coconut milk and another tin-full of water plus any vegetables, simmer.
3) Turkey Mince: Whizz turkey in the food processor to make mince. Freeze and use in place of chicken or beef.
4) Turkey sandwich: Make a classic Christmas leftovers sandwich, turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing,
5) Christmas Leftovers Casserole - Fry an onion in a casserole or deep pan, add some stock, bring to a simmer and add turkey and leftover roast veg
6) Turkey Noodle Soup: add carrots, spring onions and shredded turkey meat to stock, simmer add egg noodles
7) Turkey and Parsnip Curry: fry onions, parsnips and curry paste, add tin of chopped tomatoes, a little water and chunks of turkey meat, simmer
8) Christmas Pizza: use leftover turkey, and any sausagemeat as an extra pizza topping
9) Turkey Salad: flaked turkey meat with chopped tomatoes, salad leaves, chopped peppers, and olives. Dress with olive oil, serve with warm pitta breads
10) Turkey Stock: Simmer the bones for two to three hours with any left over vegetables and an onion. Strain and then freeze the liquid stock.