Login Register

Washing machine fire causes 'severe' damage to Matson home

By The Citizen  |  Posted: May 31, 2014

fire service responding to a house fire

fire service responding to a house fire

Comments (1)

Fire crews took over an hour to bring a house fire in Ashcroft Close, Gloucester under control on Saturday morning. (May 31)

A total of 14 firefighters were called in from Gloucester South and Gloucester North fire stations to deal with the accidental blaze on the ground floor of the property, just after 9.30am.

The woman who called emergency services was advised to immediately vacate the property. The fire is understood to have started from a washing machine, with the downstairs of the house suffering severe damage.

No one was injured in the incident.

Related content

Read more from Gloucester Citizen

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters
  • NibNobs  |  May 31 2014, 7:05PM

    bet it was a cheap one. Beko not Bosch

    Rate   -3
    Report

      YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

       
       

      MORE NEWS HEADLINES