At 08:32 this morning the fire control received several calls to a possible Garage Fire in Beechwood Close in Nailsworth.
Two crews from Nailsworth station were immediately sent with a total of nine firefighters.
Speaking after the incident Crew Commander Burridge stated that once
in attendance crews were met with a closed garage door with smoke
issuing from the roof, once the garage was opened up it was found that a
Tumble Dryer had caught light whilst being used. Crews quickly dealt
with the incident using one Hose Reel and two breathing apparatus.
In total crews were at the scene for 30minutes.