Login Register

Liz Hurley dogs in poisoning horror

By EchoJoe  |  Posted: January 25, 2013

Liz Hurley

Liz Hurley

Comments (9)

Elizabeth Hurley has revealed that two of her dogs are seriously ill after a suspected poisoning.

The model and actress, 47, who lives in Gloucestershire, took to Twitter to share the "horrific" news after arriving back to Britain from a trip to Australia with her fiance, cricketer Shane Warne.

Liz told the Daily Express online her chocolate Labrador Lucy had to have her legs bandaged after being put on a drip.

She said: "Home Sweet Home. Wonderful to be back but two of my dogs have been seriously ill for the last 48 hours. Vet thinks poison. Horrific.

"Lucy, the chocolate lab, was hit the worst. She still has bandaged legs where the drip went in. Lots of cuddles."

Read more from Gloucester Citizen

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

9 comments

  • Hartley2010  |  January 26 2013, 11:18AM

    I've had a look at the link you posted Hubert1841 and thank you for that... Having also visited http://tinyurl.com/b4jq7rd it is also not at all likely pets are being poisoned by gritting salt although it is still possible dogs or cats come into contact with antifreeze in a different way....and if they do you need to act quickly... (I've taken the next bit directly from the vetmed site link.....) Between 30 minutes to 2 hours after exposure animals start to act drunk. They have trouble walking and act depressed. Vomiting is often seen during this time frame. Animals may seem to recover but 12 to 24 hours later they start to have severe problems and are really sick. Unfortunately, this is the stage when veterinarians are often first asked to examine animals and a fair amount of damage may already be done. Owners may delay seeking treatment because they do not know the pet has been exposed or they think the pet has recovered," explains Dr. Lieske....

    Rate   3
    Report
  • Hubert1841  |  January 25 2013, 9:19PM
    Rate   1
    Report
  • Hartley2010  |  January 25 2013, 12:12PM

    There's word going around on facebook that the gritting salt has antifreeze in it and that it tastes sweet to dogs who then lick it off and are poisoned by it... can anyone from the gritting world confirm if this is true ? that would be good investigative journalism...

    Rate   9
    Report
  • Douglasknows  |  January 25 2013, 11:46AM

    I live near Ledbury and had a very lucky escape with my dog. He had eaten some rat poison that he most probably picked up while snorting around a nearby farm. It may not have been deliberate poisoning to these dogs.

    Rate   6
    Report
  • AmandaCCox  |  January 25 2013, 11:35AM

    I know some people hate dogs and cats but this is crazy behaviour. So cruel. These people must be psychotic.

    Rate   8
    Report
  • bonzaharris1  |  January 25 2013, 11:25AM

    Quite geraint, many years ago we had a dog who was poisoned, we lived in churchdown at the time. She was one of five dogs poisoned, and they all picked it up from the childrens playing field. She died a horrible death, wouldn't wish it on anyones pet.

    Rate   9
    Report
  • dodoleduck  |  January 25 2013, 11:01AM

    here here geraint, they may even start on ducks next and you know how fond Shane is of them.

    Rate   6
    Report
  • geraint2010  |  January 25 2013, 10:19AM

    Really QwertyOS? If some idiot out there is poisoning dogs, people living in the Ledbury area have a right to know about it - irrespective of who the dogs might belong to.

    Rate   14
    Report
  • QwertyOS  |  January 25 2013, 10:11AM

    Thank goodness TiG were on hand to report this. Another brilliant piece of investigative journalism.

    Rate   -15
    Report

      YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

       
       

      MORE NEWS HEADLINES