Login Register

Gloucester cellar rape: Kane Lammin and Anthony Ford jailed

By The Citizen  |  Posted: October 12, 2013

  • Anthony Raymond Ford and Kane Lammin


TWO boys who subjected a teenager to a "brutal, depraved and disgusting" sex attack in a cellar have been jailed for 10 years.

And it has emerged that they were both being fostered in Gloucester – but Gloucestershire County Council did not know they were in the city, while it was responsible for the victim's care.

Yesterday Judge William Hart said the attack that Kane Lammin and Anthony Ford subjected the 17-year-old boy to was so serious that he agreed with a request by the Gloucester Citizen to lift their automatic right to anonymity as juveniles.

The victim's mum wept in court as graphic details of the attack were read out.

Related content

They forced him into a cellar in Salisbury Road, Gloucester in November last year and returned several times to attack and sexually humiliate him.

Cement dust was rubbed in his face, knives pulled on him, he was stripped and beaten with a piece of wood, had a cigarette stubbed out on him and was seriously sexually assaulted and raped.

Naked and terrified, the victim crept out of the house and ran to safety and initially was too upset and embarrassed to say what had happened.

Virginia Cornwall, prosecuting, said both were in the care of P2 when they met at Ford's Salisbury Road, Barton home to "chill" on November 8 last year.

"He was not aware he had displeased the defendants, but he had been talking to people that were not favoured by the defendants," she said. "That would appear to be the motive for what happened.

"After 20 minutes in Lammin's flat, he was taken in to the cellar.

"Lammin appeared to mix a powdered substance which the victim thought had bleach in it but was a cement like powder.

"He pushed it in to the victim's face and he repeatedly tried to wipe his eyes.

"The defendants then produced kitchen knives with six inch blades and threatened him. He was told to get naked or he would be stabbed."

He was left in the cellar then the pair returned with a towel, water, and shower gel and told him to wash - then Lammin lashed out at him with part of a balustrade.

Lammin denied striking the victim in the genitals.

"The force with which he was hit caused the balustrade to break," said Miss Cornwall. "He was called a "pagan", and Ford put out a cigarette on his wrist.

"He was told to stand against a wall with his hands up and Ford threatened to rape him."

Then both defendants left the victim on the floor, "naked and terrified," she said.

Both then forced him in turn to commit a sex act on each of them, before he was subjected to a savage sexual attack which left him with painful internal injuries.

"He suffered pain for three weeks," said Miss Cornwall, who said Ford watched while Lammin carried out the final attack.

The victim crept out of the cellar and fled, naked, to the family home.

Both defence lawyers did not excuse the pair's actions, but Joe Maloney said Ford had suffered an upbringing of physical, verbal and sexual abuse. Andrew Hudson, for Lammin, said he was on the illegal drug mephedrone at the time. Both expressed remorse.

"This case represents one of the most brutal, depraved and disgusting pieces of behaviour considered by this court in recent times," said Judge Hart.

"What makes it more sad and disgusting is that you were both 16.

"You seem to me to have very little remorse for what you did. You will have plenty of time to consider whether that attitude might change."

Ford, originally from Swindon, admitted rape and sexual assault by penetration, and of using threatening words or behaviour towards a witness. Lammin, originally from Oxford, admitted assault by penetration and actual bodily harm and unrelated offences of robbery and assault with intent to rob.

They were both jailed for a total of 10 years each, and were ruled a danger to the public. The earliest each could be released is in six years for Ford, and six-and-a-half years for Lammin.

Both defendants are now 17, and Judge Hart lifted their automatic right to anonymity as juveniles, in the interest of public safety, after representations from the Gloucester Citizen.

The victim's mum was too upset to speak after the hearing but his friend said the attack had a devastating effect on all their lives.

"He is still totally distraught by what happened," she said.

"It has destroyed his mum. I am at least pleased with the jail sentence."


Read more from Gloucester Citizen