Charlie Sharples has been called up to answer an injury SOS in the England Saxons squad.
The 24-year-old was left out of the 25-man party earlier this month but has been summoned following his try-scoring heroics in Perpignan and an injury to Tom Varndell, while there are doubts over Semesa Rokoduguni
Dan Robson has also linked up with the squad at Loughborough to provide injury cover at scrum-half.
Joe Lydon, head of international player development, said: "We know Charlie well, we know what he can do.
“He'll do a great job for us, he's a quality finisher, he's on form and he comes in with the history and experience, but also in current form and playing at home.
"He knows what he needs to do [to get back into the EPS]. We can give him the opportunity, but he knows the rest of what he has to do.
"Stuart has proved that if people are playing well they have a chance. Charlie's been great with us, he understands the situation perfectly."
The news comes just 24-hours after fellow Cherry and White Elliott Stooke was added to the squad.
Stooke has enjoyed a meteoric rise, having been part of England’s Junior World Championship winning squad in the summer.
The Worcester-born powerhouse has established himself in the Gloucester engine room this season and has won plenty of plaudits for his unrelenting approach.
And James Simpson-Daniel reckons the call-ups, in particular that of Stooke, are just reward for fine form.
He said: “It’s brilliant for Elliott. He’s a level-headed guy and I can’t see him getting ahead of himself.
“It will be a great experience for him to be involved in the environment and hopefully he can learn a lot from the older guys.
“I’m also really pleased for Charlie. He’s been getting frustrated with a lack of opportunities and ball in space but he’s had that in the last couple of weeks and shown what he can do.
“He’s admitted he perhaps didn’t deserve a call-up so will be pleasantly surprise and it just goes to show he’s not been forgotten and is still in their thinking.”
They join Freddie Burns in squad ahead of the Saxons’ Championship opener against the Irish Wolfhounds at Kingsholm on Sunday.
Their inclusion will be a blessing in disguise for Kingsholm chiefs, with 12,000 tickets still unsold as of Monday.
It will be the first time Burns has returned to Gloucester’s stomping ground since announcing he will quit the club in the summer.
He is set to join Premiership rivals Leicester Tigers on a long-term deal but admits with hindsight that he would have dealt with the speculation differently.
He added: “I've learnt masses about myself over the last couple of months, it's been probably the toughest time of my career in terms of not playing well.
"Obviously I had a decision to make. I do wish I'd handled it slightly differently, in terms of not saying anything and focusing on Gloucester.
"But it's happened now and I'll be a better person and a better player because of it. I'll live and learn, and move on.
“I'm excited about being here and the opportunity I've got here, and finishing the season on a high with Gloucester.”