Login Register

Firefighters rescue man from Leckhampton flat after neighbour raises alarm

By EchoMichael  |  Posted: November 04, 2012

Comments (0)

FIREFIGHTERS rescued a man from his smoke filled flat after a neighbour raised the alarm.

The neighbour was on his way to work at around 5.45am this morning when he heard a smoke alarm from a nearby flat in Old Station Drive, Leckhampton.

He knocked on the door but got no reply, and could smell smoke inside the flat, so he dialled 999.

Crews from Cheltenham East station rushed to the scene and forced their way inside the flat, where they found a man asleep on the sofa.

A Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "On arrival crews wearing breathing apparatus forced entry into the property and found one male asleep on the sofa with the flat full of smoke.

"The male was promptly rescued.

"The smoke was a result of cooking fumes and firefighters used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the remaining smoke from the flat."

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters
  • TimMessanger  |  November 04 2012, 10:47AM

    Note to self 1 Go out 2 Get drunk 3 Get a takeaway 4 Go home and fall asleep on sofa 5 Wake up covered in takeaway or 1 Go out 2 Get drunk 3 Start cooking food 4 Fall asleep on sofa 5 Don't wake up I know the one I prefer

    Rate   1
    Report

      YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

       
       

      MORE NEWS HEADLINES

       
       
       

      MOST POPULAR