There is plenty going on in the Gloucester area today. Here are some ideas for you:
1. Gloucester Quays Home & Garden Festival continues. Day two features celebrity garden designer Joe Swift along with live music and some 80 market stalls.
2. Gloucester Docks Art and Craft Fair also continues, featuring a selection of stalls selling arts and crafts in the Main Basin. You may also catch some artists doing their work.
3. Campaigners will come out in force at noon today against the badger cull in Gloucestershire. They will launch a large scale protest at Gloucester Park. Among the speakers will be Dominic Dyer from Care for the Wild.
4. The Witcombe Cider Festival Spring Warm Up takes place from 3pm. Giving cider drinkers a taste of what to expect from the third annual Witcombe Cider Festival, being held over the August bank holiday weekend, the inaugural warm up event will be taking place at historic Gloucester venue, Blackfriars Priory. In addition to the huge range of local ciders flowing throughout the day, there will be a battle of the bands competition running well into the night, with seven Gloucestershire bands lined up to perform, including reggae purveyors King Solomon; blues, rock and skiffle outfit Solid Gone and more. Tickets are £10 but the capacity is just 300.
5. Join an Easter egg hunt with the Painswick Playgroup, this year taking place around St Mary’s Church Yard and village centre from 1pm until 4pm.