Login Register

Dog rescued from Cheltenham flat after grill pan left on

By Michael_Yong  |  Posted: January 27, 2013

Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service

Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service

Comments (0)

FIRE fighters rescued a dog from a flat after reports of smoke coming from the flat.

Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service were called at 11.55am today by a neighbour on Clevedon Square in Cheltenham reporting that a smoke alarm had gone off.

Eleven fire fighters and watch commander Nicola Lown from Cheltenham West and East fire stations were called to the scene and forced their way into the flat to find a grill pan left on.

The dog was rescued uninjured and brought out of the flat to safety, and the fire service took about an hour to deal with the incident.

The owner returned home while fire fighters were at the scene, and the property was left in the hands of Cheltenham Borough Homes and the owner.

Read more from Gloucester Citizen

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES