A DOG had to be rescued by firefighters after getting stuck in a gate following a fright from fireworks.
The Border Collie became stuck in an iron gate in Sandstar Close, Longlevens, at around 5pm yesterday.
Firefighters from Gloucester North station were called to the scene by the dog's owner, and they pulled apart the gate to free the dog.
A Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "The firefighters released the Border Collie dog from the iron gate using spreaders.
"The dog was safely returned to its owner uninjured following its ordeal."