Login Register

Cat basket causes kitchen fire

By CitizenNews  |  Posted: October 28, 2012

Comments (0)

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a kitchen fire in Furze Croft, Quedgeley last night after a cat basket was left on top of an oven.

A team of ten firefighters were led by crew commander Matthews to the scene at around 9.37pm on Saturday.

Upon arrival a breathing apparatus team were committed to the source of the fire which is believed to have started in the kitchen due to a cat basket being left on top of a cooking appliance.

The crew used one hosereel to extinguish the fire although there was minimal damage due to the owner confining the fire by shutting the kitchen door prior to their arrival.

Mr Matthews stressed the importance of not leaving items on top of cooking appliances as accidents can easily happen.

The crews were on scene for approximately 35 minutes.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters
  • thomas1996  |  October 28 2012, 3:08PM

    Hope the cat got away first. I know there's hard times for many at the moment but surely better to go to a 'food bank' if you're desperate than cook the family pet?

    Rate   3
    Report

      YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

       
       

      MORE NEWS HEADLINES

       
       
       

      MOST POPULAR