Login Register

Brockworth home saved by smoke alarms

By laura_enfield  |  Posted: September 16, 2012

Comments (0)

A blaze broke out in a Brockworth home in the early hours of this morning.

Firefighters were called to Clyde Road at 1.14am by concerned neighbours who could see flames coming from the property and hear an alarm going off.

Two appliances, one from each of the Gloucester Stations were mobilised with a total crew of 10 firefighters and a fire officer.

The house was only slightly damaged by fire, which the service said was thanks to the early warning from the smoke alarms.

The crews were on the scene for just over an hour assisting with the fire investigation.

Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue service offers free home fire safety checks and fits smoke alarms free of charge.

Call free phone on 0800 1804140.

Read more from Gloucester Citizen

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters
  • Bonkim2003  |  September 16 2012, 10:56PM

    Check the battery, and test the alarm regularly - a smoke alarm that does not work when needed is dangerous.

    |   2

      YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

       
       
       

      MORE NEWS HEADLINES